using jaxb2 (xjc) plugins with the m2 cxf-codegen-plugin

using jaxb2 (xjc) plugins with the m2 cxf-codegen-plugin

jstrachan
I tried using it today on a project - looks good. Though I couldn't
figure out how to enable the use of jaxb2 XJC plugins. Is there some
configuration to enable them?

I tried adding them as a dependency but they don't get invoked. I'm
wondering is there a way to pass in the -Xdv (or whatever) parameters
you'd normally pass to XJC into the CXF codegen plugin?

--

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/

Re: using jaxb2 (xjc) plugins with the m2 cxf-codegen-plugin

Andrea Smyth
James Strachan wrote:

> I tried using it today on a project - looks good. Though I couldn't
> figure out how to enable the use of jaxb2 XJC plugins. Is there some
> configuration to enable them?

Hi James,

No, this is only possible for the cxf-common-xsd plugin, via the
extension and extensionArgs options (see e.g. pom.xml in
cxf-rt-transports-http).
The cxf-codegen-plugin does not have such options, though it probably
should as it also calls into xjc.

Andrea.

> I tried adding them as a dependency but they don't get invoked. I'm
> wondering is there a way to pass in the -Xdv (or whatever) parameters
> you'd normally pass to XJC into the CXF codegen plugin?

Re: using jaxb2 (xjc) plugins with the m2 cxf-codegen-plugin

jstrachan
Cool, thanks. I've raised a JIRA to track this - given how useful the
XJC plugins are, I can imagine other folks wanting this feature too...

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-268