service list and operation list

James Mao
[1] This is a good idea, but i have several suggestions here,

1) I would suggest that we use the ?serviceList to get a list of services, the reason is that /services maybe direct to a home page of the services, which may include more rich information of the services, not just a list of services.
2) and currently it's in html format, which is ok, but we should also be able to generate the list in xml format (&format=OPML, &format=RSS, &format=ATOM),
3) and if we follow  the link(?operationList), it should also be able to generate the list of the operations ,
4) Should be able to append the description under each service/port/operation, or even TAG, so the service/operation will be searched, if they are public/online.

thought?

-James.

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-266

Re: service list and operation list

Willem2
Hi James,
FYI  Axis2 and Xfire also provider the Service List.  You can check them
out.
Please see the comments in line.

James Mao wrote:

> [1] This is a good idea, but i have several suggestions here,
>
> 1) I would suggest that we use the ?serviceList to get a list of
> services, the reason is that /services maybe direct to a home page of
> the services, which may include more rich information of the services,
> not just a list of services.

Agree , we can get out the Service's operation.

> 2) and currently it's in html format, which is ok, but we should also
> be able to generate the list in xml format (&format=OPML, &format=RSS,
> &format=ATOM), 3) and if we follow  the link(?operationList), it
> should also be able to generate the list of the operations , 4) Should
> be able to append the description under each service/port/operation,
> or even TAG, so the service/operation will be searched, if they are
> public/online.

This could be common feature which can provider by not only servlet, but
also standalone application.
We can work on it. :)