cxf.component-scan

Vinay Guptha
Hi Team,
I am trying to use the cxf version (3.4.2) for rest services using
spring boot. But I am unable to find the property cxf.component-scan
in the latest version and due to this am unable to scan only cxf
annotations. Request you to help me with a solution so that I can scan
cxf annotations and resume my work.

Cxf Versions:

<dependency>
<groupId>org.apache.cxf</groupId>
<artifactId>cxf-spring-boot-starter-jaxrs</artifactId>
<version>3.4.2</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<groupId>org.apache.cxf</groupId>
<artifactId>cxf-rt-frontend-jaxws</artifactId>
<version>3.4.2</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<groupId>org.apache.cxf</groupId>
<artifactId>cxf-rt-transports-http</artifactId>
<version>3.4.2</version>
</dependency>
</dependencies>

Re: cxf.component-scan

Andriy Redko
Hi Vinay,

There are no such property indeed, there is "cxf.jaxrs.component-scan",
the official documentation is good reference [1] to look at.

[1] https://cxf.apache.org/docs/springboot.html

Best Regards,
    Andriy Redko

VG> Hi Team,
VG> I am trying to use the cxf version (3.4.2) for rest services using
VG> spring boot. But I am unable to find the property cxf.component-scan
VG> in the latest version and due to this am unable to scan only cxf
VG> annotations. Request you to help me with a solution so that I can scan
VG> cxf annotations and resume my work.

VG> Cxf Versions:

VG> <dependency>
VG> <groupId>org.apache.cxf</groupId>
VG> <artifactId>cxf-spring-boot-starter-jaxrs</artifactId>
VG> <version>3.4.2</version>
VG> </dependency>
VG> <dependency>
VG> <groupId>org.apache.cxf</groupId>
VG> <artifactId>cxf-rt-frontend-jaxws</artifactId>
VG> <version>3.4.2</version>
VG> </dependency>
VG> <dependency>
VG> <groupId>org.apache.cxf</groupId>
VG> <artifactId>cxf-rt-transports-http</artifactId>
VG> <version>3.4.2</version>
VG> </dependency>
VG> </dependencies>

Re: cxf.component-scan

Vinay Guptha
Hi Andriy,
Yes you are right, but this property exists in earlier versions and I
used it for scanning only jax rs annotations using Spring boot. So is
there any alternative or replacement for this in latest version 3.4.2
so that I can scan only cxf annotations?

On Wed, Jan 13, 2021 at 8:02 PM Andriy Redko <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Vinay,
>
> There are no such property indeed, there is "cxf.jaxrs.component-scan",
> the official documentation is good reference [1] to look at.
>
> [1] https://cxf.apache.org/docs/springboot.html
>
> Best Regards,
>     Andriy Redko
>
> VG> Hi Team,
> VG> I am trying to use the cxf version (3.4.2) for rest services using
> VG> spring boot. But I am unable to find the property cxf.component-scan
> VG> in the latest version and due to this am unable to scan only cxf
> VG> annotations. Request you to help me with a solution so that I can scan
> VG> cxf annotations and resume my work.
>
> VG> Cxf Versions:
>
> VG> <dependency>
> VG> <groupId>org.apache.cxf</groupId>
> VG> <artifactId>cxf-spring-boot-starter-jaxrs</artifactId>
> VG> <version>3.4.2</version>
> VG> </dependency>
> VG> <dependency>
> VG> <groupId>org.apache.cxf</groupId>
> VG> <artifactId>cxf-rt-frontend-jaxws</artifactId>
> VG> <version>3.4.2</version>
> VG> </dependency>
> VG> <dependency>
> VG> <groupId>org.apache.cxf</groupId>
> VG> <artifactId>cxf-rt-transports-http</artifactId>
> VG> <version>3.4.2</version>
> VG> </dependency>
> VG> </dependencies>

Re: cxf.component-scan

Andriy Redko
Hi Vinay,

Sorry, I am not sure I am following. Which CXF version you were using?
There are 2 properties at your disposal:

  cxf.jaxrs.component-scan - is going to scan Spring beans
  cxf.jaxrs.classes-scan - is going to scan JAX-RS annotated classes

I think your question is more related to class scanning rather than component scanning.
Hope it is helpful.

Best Regards,
    Andriy Redko

VG> Hi Andriy,
VG> Yes you are right, but this property exists in earlier versions and I
VG> used it for scanning only jax rs annotations using Spring boot. So is
VG> there any alternative or replacement for this in latest version 3.4.2
VG> so that I can scan only cxf annotations?

VG> On Wed, Jan 13, 2021 at 8:02 PM Andriy Redko <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> Hi Vinay,

>> There are no such property indeed, there is "cxf.jaxrs.component-scan",
>> the official documentation is good reference [1] to look at.

>> [1] https://cxf.apache.org/docs/springboot.html

>> Best Regards,
>>     Andriy Redko

>> VG> Hi Team,
>> VG> I am trying to use the cxf version (3.4.2) for rest services using
>> VG> spring boot. But I am unable to find the property cxf.component-scan
>> VG> in the latest version and due to this am unable to scan only cxf
>> VG> annotations. Request you to help me with a solution so that I can scan
>> VG> cxf annotations and resume my work.

>> VG> Cxf Versions:

>> VG> <dependency>
>> VG> <groupId>org.apache.cxf</groupId>
>> VG> <artifactId>cxf-spring-boot-starter-jaxrs</artifactId>
>> VG> <version>3.4.2</version>
>> VG> </dependency>
>> VG> <dependency>
>> VG> <groupId>org.apache.cxf</groupId>
>> VG> <artifactId>cxf-rt-frontend-jaxws</artifactId>
>> VG> <version>3.4.2</version>
>> VG> </dependency>
>> VG> <dependency>
>> VG> <groupId>org.apache.cxf</groupId>
>> VG> <artifactId>cxf-rt-transports-http</artifactId>
>> VG> <version>3.4.2</version>
>> VG> </dependency>
>> VG> </dependencies>

Re: cxf.component-scan