cxf-codegen-plugin and maven "generate-sources" results in nothing?

cxf-codegen-plugin and maven "generate-sources" results in nothing?

John F. Berry
I am changing one of my camel projects to point to one of my new vendor's web service.
I am attempting to produce a SOAP call.
I have downloaded their WSDL (huge! has hundreds of services) and placed that into the appropriate directory in my maven project for the cxf-codegen-plugin and wdsl2java, that.. although I don't think I need to for Camel, I ran maven with "generate-sources" to see some sort of a result from the WSDL.
I still have a mock endpoint on my project, so that I can build in these dependencies and plugins without the interference of debugging the outgoing call.
I had assumed that if configured correctly, that the combination of maven, camel, wsdl2java, and cxf would allow me to simply populate from the incoming message data elements from the payload and copy them straight into the service's elements and perform the SOAP call with a .to(cxf:<url>?<service>)
The maven compile completes, as does the "clean install"
The "generate-sources" doesn't mention any warnings or errors.. yet the target directory remains blank.
Ideas?  Thanks!