[VOTE] Apache CXF 2.0-M1 Release

Dan Diephouse-2
The Apache CXF team has cut a candidate release and published builds here:

Binaries and Source Distributions:
http://people.apache.org/~blin/incubator-cxf-2.0-M1/<http://people.apache.org/%7Eblin/incubator-cxf-2.0-M1/>
Maven Repository:
http://people.apache.org/~blin/incubator-cxf-2.0-M1/repository/org/apache/cxf
Release notes: http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CXF/Apache+CXF+2.0-M1+Incubating+Release+Notes

The release notes may continue to involve during the vote if we find further
errata. The final release notes will be part of our static HTML site at
http://cwiki.apache.org/CXF/ once we finalize the release. Also, there are
release notes in the docs/ directory.

We ask that you please vote to approve this release binary:

[ ] +1 Release the binary as Apache CXF 2.0-M1

Thanks!

- The CXF team

--
Dan Diephouse
Envoi Solutions
http://envoisolutions.com | http://netzooid.com/blog

RE: [VOTE] Apache CXF 2.0-M1 Release

Liu, Jervis
+1

Jervis

Envoi Solutions
http://envoisolutions.com | http://netzooid.com/blog

Re: [VOTE] Apache CXF 2.0-M1 Release

Freeman Fang-2
+1

--
Freeman Fang
Software Engineer

IONA Asia Pacific Software Development Center
No.2 Floor A Unit Information Center
Zhongguancun Software Park Haidian District,
Beijing, P.R.China

Tel.: +86-10-82825151 -  ex. 551
Fax: +86-10-8282-5210
Making Software Work Together TM

Re: [VOTE] Apache CXF 2.0-M1 Release

James Mao
+1

> The Apache CXF team has cut a candidate release and published builds
> here:
>
> Binaries and Source Distributions:
> http://people.apache.org/~blin/incubator-cxf-2.0-M1/<http://people.apache.org/%7Eblin/incubator-cxf-2.0-M1/>
>
> Maven Repository:
> http://people.apache.org/~blin/incubator-cxf-2.0-M1/repository/org/apache/cxf
>
> Release notes:
> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CXF/Apache+CXF+2.0-M1+Incubating+Release+Notes
>

> The release notes may continue to involve during the vote if we find
> further
> errata. The final release notes will be part of our static HTML site at
> http://cwiki.apache.org/CXF/ once we finalize the release. Also, there
> are
> release notes in the docs/ directory.
>
> We ask that you please vote to approve this release binary:
>
> [ ] +1 Release the binary as Apache CXF 2.0-M1
>
> Thanks!
>
> - The CXF team

Re: [VOTE] Apache CXF 2.0-M1 Release

Willem2
+1

Willem.

Dan Diephouse wrote:

> The Apache CXF team has cut a candidate release and published builds
> here:
>
> Binaries and Source Distributions:
> http://people.apache.org/~blin/incubator-cxf-2.0-M1/<http://people.apache.org/%7Eblin/incubator-cxf-2.0-M1/>
>
> Maven Repository:
> http://people.apache.org/~blin/incubator-cxf-2.0-M1/repository/org/apache/cxf
>
> Release notes:
> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CXF/Apache+CXF+2.0-M1+Incubating+Release+Notes
>

> The release notes may continue to involve during the vote if we find
> further
> errata. The final release notes will be part of our static HTML site at
> http://cwiki.apache.org/CXF/ once we finalize the release. Also, there
> are
> release notes in the docs/ directory.
>
> We ask that you please vote to approve this release binary:
>
> [ ] +1 Release the binary as Apache CXF 2.0-M1
>
> Thanks!
>
> - The CXF team

RE: [VOTE] Apache CXF 2.0-M1 Release

Jim Ma-2
+1

Bozhong Lin-2
and here is my enthusiastic ... +1

Dan Diephouse wrote:

> The Apache CXF team has cut a candidate release and published builds
> here:
>
> Binaries and Source Distributions:
> http://people.apache.org/~blin/incubator-cxf-2.0-M1/<http://people.apache.org/%7Eblin/incubator-cxf-2.0-M1/>
>
> Maven Repository:
> http://people.apache.org/~blin/incubator-cxf-2.0-M1/repository/org/apache/cxf
>
> Release notes:
> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CXF/Apache+CXF+2.0-M1+Incubating+Release+Notes
>

> The release notes may continue to involve during the vote if we find
> further
> errata. The final release notes will be part of our static HTML site at
> http://cwiki.apache.org/CXF/ once we finalize the release. Also, there
> are
> release notes in the docs/ directory.
>
> We ask that you please vote to approve this release binary:
>
> [ ] +1 Release the binary as Apache CXF 2.0-M1
>
> Thanks!
>
> - The CXF team

RE: [VOTE] Apache CXF 2.0-M1 Release

Sakala, Adinarayana
+1

Li, Tao (Tom)
+1

Tom

Eoghan Glynn-2

+1

peterjones

+1

Cheers,
Peter

On Tue, Nov 21, 2006 at 11:12:17PM -0500, Dan Diephouse wrote:

> The Apache CXF team has cut a candidate release and published builds here:
>
> Binaries and Source Distributions:
> http://people.apache.org/~blin/incubator-cxf-2.0-M1/<http://people.apache.org/%7Eblin/incubator-cxf-2.0-M1/>
> Maven Repository:
> http://people.apache.org/~blin/incubator-cxf-2.0-M1/repository/org/apache/cxf
> Release notes: http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CXF/Apache+CXF+2.0-M1+Incubating+Release+Notes
>

> The release notes may continue to involve during the vote if we find further
> errata. The final release notes will be part of our static HTML site at
> http://cwiki.apache.org/CXF/ once we finalize the release. Also, there are
> release notes in the docs/ directory.
>
> We ask that you please vote to approve this release binary:
>
> [ ] +1 Release the binary as Apache CXF 2.0-M1
>
> Thanks!
>
> - The CXF team
>
> --
> Dan Diephouse
> Envoi Solutions
> http://envoisolutions.com | http://netzooid.com/blog

--
Peter Jones
IONA Technologies Inc.
E-Mail: mailto:[hidden email]
Tel: (w) 709-738-3725 x22 | Fax: 709-738-3745
84-86 Elizabeth Ave. St. John's, NL A1A 1W7 Canada

Re: [VOTE] Apache CXF 2.0-M1 Release

robert burrell donkin-2
On 11/22/06, Dan Diephouse <[hidden email]> wrote:

<snip>

> We ask that you please vote to approve this release binary:
>
> [ ] +1 Release the binary as Apache CXF 2.0-M1

-1

*** IMPORTANT ***

my reading of http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/cxf/tags/2.0-incubator-M1/distribution/src/main/release/licenses/wsi.html
is that it *EXPLICITLY PREVENTS DISTRIBUTION*. if this is the case we
need to remove all material in subversion under that license *RIGHT
NOW*

we've usually been able to work around mistakes like the past but the
right thing to do is to stop distributing now and then work out what
to do later.

- robert

Re: [VOTE] Apache CXF 2.0-M1 Release

robert burrell donkin-2
On 11/22/06, Dan Diephouse <[hidden email]> wrote:
> The Apache CXF team has cut a candidate release

bit unfortunate about the licensing foobar - looked a good release :-/

here are the notes i made before i found the license issue just FYI
for feedback

-- possible minor issues --

RAT:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/cxf/tags/2.0-incubator-M1/common/schemas/src/main/resources/schemas/wsdl/xml.xsd
 is missing a license header. doesn't look generated and looks complex
enough for copyright.

-- notes and suggestions (not requirements) --

consider including a glossary for acronyms either directly in the
release notes or by reference

separating release notes into README in the base and RELEASE_NOTE in
the documentation is fine by me

note that the release contains a number of documents from standards
bodies including some  which are under redistributable but not open
source licenses. be aware of the
http://www.apache.org/legal/3party.html proposal. xml documents are a
difficult area. consider subscribing to legal-discuss where this
policy is being formulated.

- robert

Re: [VOTE] Apache CXF 2.0-M1 Release

Dan Diephouse-2
Arggh... *mutters very bad things about standards organizations*.

Looking into this deeper, and the only file that I can find that is
associated with the WS-I organization is this one:

http://fisheye3.cenqua.com/browse/celtixfire/trunk/distribution/src/main/release/samples/mtom/wsdl/wsi-swa.xsd?r=450119

To me the amount of creativity in this file is dubious, but it does clearly
state that "Use of this WS-I Material i
governed by the WS-I Test License and other licenses."

We'll go through and recheck things to make sure they're valid. We caught
some stuff the first time through, but not all of it it seems.

Thanks Robert,
- Dan