Time to think about 3.4.0?

Andriy Redko
Hey guys,

There are quite a lot of things going on with Jakarta EE, we already have the first
JAX-RS 2.2 snapshots available [1], I am sure more specs will follow and publish their
snapshots very soon. I am wondering if it is a good time to start planning for 3.4.0?
What do you think guys?

[1] https://headcrashing.wordpress.com/2019/06/25/jax-rs-2-2-nightly-builds-available/

Best Regards,
    Andriy Redko

Re: Time to think about 3.4.0?

Dennis Kieselhorst
Hi Andriy,

thanks for bringing this up. I have it on my list for while now. We
should agree on a timeframe, I would start switching master to 3.4.x soon.

CXF-7601_microProfileOpenApi is also ready to merge, it doesn't hurt to
have it in 3.3.x but it would be more semantic versioned to add new
features not in a bugfix releases.

Cheers
Dennis

Am 14.07.2019 um 17:57 schrieb Andriy Redko:

> Hey guys,
>
> There are quite a lot of things going on with Jakarta EE, we already have the first
> JAX-RS 2.2 snapshots available [1], I am sure more specs will follow and publish their
> snapshots very soon. I am wondering if it is a good time to start planning for 3.4.0?
> What do you think guys?
>
> [1] https://headcrashing.wordpress.com/2019/06/25/jax-rs-2-2-nightly-builds-available/
>
> Best Regards,
>     Andriy Redko

Re: Time to think about 3.4.0?

Andriy Redko
Hey Dennis,

Sounds great, I have created a JIRA [1] to track this initiative, so we could
collect all the details and ideas. Regarding CXF-7601_microProfileOpenApi, there
in an issue with package split, I have sent you a message a while back, will resent it
shortly. Thanks!

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-8075

Best Regards,
    Andriy Redko

DK> Hi Andriy,

DK> thanks for bringing this up. I have it on my list for while now. We
DK> should agree on a timeframe, I would start switching master to 3.4.x soon.

DK> CXF-7601_microProfileOpenApi is also ready to merge, it doesn't hurt to
DK> have it in 3.3.x but it would be more semantic versioned to add new
DK> features not in a bugfix releases.

DK> Cheers
DK> Dennis

DK> Am 14.07.2019 um 17:57 schrieb Andriy Redko:
>> Hey guys,

>> There are quite a lot of things going on with Jakarta EE, we already have the first
>> JAX-RS 2.2 snapshots available [1], I am sure more specs will follow and publish their
>> snapshots very soon. I am wondering if it is a good time to start planning for 3.4.0?
>> What do you think guys?
>>
>> [1] https://headcrashing.wordpress.com/2019/06/25/jax-rs-2-2-nightly-builds-available/

>> Best Regards,
>>     Andriy Redko

Re: Time to think about 3.4.0?

Dennis Kieselhorst
Hi Andriy,

yeah, I remember it. I answered you at that time that the change is fine
for me. I was also a bit undecided when initially creating the package name.

Cheers
Dennis

Am 14.07.2019 um 19:52 schrieb Andriy Redko:

> Hey Dennis,
>
> Sounds great, I have created a JIRA [1] to track this initiative, so we could
> collect all the details and ideas. Regarding CXF-7601_microProfileOpenApi, there
> in an issue with package split, I have sent you a message a while back, will resent it
> shortly. Thanks!
>
> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-8075
>
> Best Regards,
>     Andriy Redko
>
> DK> Hi Andriy,
>
> DK> thanks for bringing this up. I have it on my list for while now. We
> DK> should agree on a timeframe, I would start switching master to 3.4.x soon.
>
> DK> CXF-7601_microProfileOpenApi is also ready to merge, it doesn't hurt to
> DK> have it in 3.3.x but it would be more semantic versioned to add new
> DK> features not in a bugfix releases.
>
> DK> Cheers
> DK> Dennis
>
> DK> Am 14.07.2019 um 17:57 schrieb Andriy Redko:
>>> Hey guys,
>>> There are quite a lot of things going on with Jakarta EE, we already have the first
>>> JAX-RS 2.2 snapshots available [1], I am sure more specs will follow and publish their
>>> snapshots very soon. I am wondering if it is a good time to start planning for 3.4.0?
>>> What do you think guys?
>>>
>>> [1] https://headcrashing.wordpress.com/2019/06/25/jax-rs-2-2-nightly-builds-available/
>>> Best Regards,
>>>     Andriy Redko

Re: Time to think about 3.4.0?

Andriy Redko
Hey Dennis,

Sorry, I have never gotten the reply from you, not sure why :( Anyway, do you mind
if I reconcile the packages and push the change to the branch? Thank you!

Best Regards,
    Andriy Redko

DK> Hi Andriy,

DK> yeah, I remember it. I answered you at that time that the change is fine
DK> for me. I was also a bit undecided when initially creating the package name.

DK> Cheers
DK> Dennis

DK> Am 14.07.2019 um 19:52 schrieb Andriy Redko:
>> Hey Dennis,

>> Sounds great, I have created a JIRA [1] to track this initiative, so we could
>> collect all the details and ideas. Regarding CXF-7601_microProfileOpenApi, there
>> in an issue with package split, I have sent you a message a while back, will resent it
>> shortly. Thanks!

>> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-8075

>> Best Regards,
>>     Andriy Redko

>> DK> Hi Andriy,

>> DK> thanks for bringing this up. I have it on my list for while now. We
>> DK> should agree on a timeframe, I would start switching master to 3.4.x soon.

>> DK> CXF-7601_microProfileOpenApi is also ready to merge, it doesn't hurt to
>> DK> have it in 3.3.x but it would be more semantic versioned to add new
>> DK> features not in a bugfix releases.

>> DK> Cheers

Re: Time to think about 3.4.0?

Dennis Kieselhorst
Hi Andriy,

sure, please go ahead with the change. Unfortunately I don't have much time at the moment :-(

Cheers
Dennis

Am 14. Juli 2019 20:19:00 MESZ schrieb Andriy Redko <[hidden email]>:

>Hey Dennis,
>
>Sorry, I have never gotten the reply from you, not sure why :( Anyway,
>do you mind
>if I reconcile the packages and push the change to the branch? Thank
>you!
>
>Best Regards,
>    Andriy Redko
>
>DK> Hi Andriy,
>
>DK> yeah, I remember it. I answered you at that time that the change is
>fine
>DK> for me. I was also a bit undecided when initially creating the
>package name.
>
>DK> Cheers
>DK> Dennis
>
>DK> Am 14.07.2019 um 19:52 schrieb Andriy Redko:
>>> Hey Dennis,
>
>>> Sounds great, I have created a JIRA [1] to track this initiative, so
>we could
>>> collect all the details and ideas. Regarding
>CXF-7601_microProfileOpenApi, there
>>> in an issue with package split, I have sent you a message a while
>back, will resent it
>>> shortly. Thanks!
>
>>> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-8075
>
>>> Best Regards,
>>>     Andriy Redko

>We
>3.4.x soon.

>hurt to
>new

>already have the first
>follow and publish their
>planning for 3.4.0?

>https://headcrashing.wordpress.com/2019/06/25/jax-rs-2-2-nightly-builds-available/

Re: Time to think about 3.4.0?

+1. Have maven artifacts been released for all of the Jakarta projects yet?
I assume it makes sense to stay with Java 8 for one more major release?

It's about time we got the next CXF 3.3.3/3.2.10 out btw. I'm planning to
call a vote on Santuario tomorrow, and hopefully WSS4J at the weekend, so
we could potentially call a CXF vote by the end of next week.

Colm.

--
Colm O hEigeartaigh

Talend Community Coder
http://coders.talend.com

Re: Time to think about 3.4.0?

Andriy Redko
Hey Colm,

AFAIK, all artifacts are released, but not all projects have switched to the jakarta.*
packaging yet. I suspect the snapshots should be available shortly (like for JAX-RS 2.2
f.e.). Certainly +1 to make the releases. Thank you!

Best Regards,
    Andriy Redko

Monday, July 15, 2019, 10:54:30 AM, you wrote:

COh> +1. Have maven artifacts been released for all of the Jakarta projects yet?
COh> I assume it makes sense to stay with Java 8 for one more major release?

COh> It's about time we got the next CXF 3.3.3/3.2.10 out btw. I'm planning to
COh> call a vote on Santuario tomorrow, and hopefully WSS4J at the weekend, so
COh> we could potentially call a CXF vote by the end of next week.

COh> Colm.

COh> On Sun, Jul 14, 2019 at 4:57 PM Andriy Redko <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> Hey guys,

>> There are quite a lot of things going on with Jakarta EE, we already have
>> the first
>> JAX-RS 2.2 snapshots available [1], I am sure more specs will follow and
>> publish their
>> snapshots very soon. I am wondering if it is a good time to start planning
>> for 3.4.0?
>> What do you think guys?

>> [1]
>> https://headcrashing.wordpress.com/2019/06/25/jax-rs-2-2-nightly-builds-available/

>> Best Regards,
>>     Andriy Redko

Re: Time to think about 3.4.0?

Andriy Redko
Hi Dennis,

No problem at all, done, updated to recent Microprofile OpenAPI spec/impl and rebased against
latest master. The branch is good to go :) Thanks!

Best Regards,
    Andriy Redko

DK> Hi Andriy,

DK> sure, please go ahead with the change. Unfortunately I don't have much time at the moment :-(

DK> Cheers
DK> Dennis

DK> Am 14. Juli 2019 20:19:00 MESZ schrieb Andriy Redko <[hidden email]>:
>>Hey Dennis,

>>Sorry, I have never gotten the reply from you, not sure why :( Anyway,
>>do you mind
>>if I reconcile the packages and push the change to the branch? Thank
>>you!

>>Best Regards,
>>    Andriy Redko

>>DK> Hi Andriy,

>>DK> yeah, I remember it. I answered you at that time that the change is
>>fine
>>DK> for me. I was also a bit undecided when initially creating the
>>package name.

>>DK> Cheers

>>we could
>>CXF-7601_microProfileOpenApi, there
>>back, will resent it

>>We
>>3.4.x soon.

>>hurt to
>>new

>>already have the first
>>follow and publish their
>>planning for 3.4.0?

>>https://headcrashing.wordpress.com/2019/06/25/jax-rs-2-2-nightly-builds-available/

Re: Time to think about 3.4.0?

Andriy Redko
Hey guys,

Since master is on 3.4.x now (yeah!), I have created 2 Jenkins jobs for 3.3.x-fixes, [1] for JDK 1.8
and [2] for JDK 11. The master additionally has JDK13 and JDK14 (created a moment ago). Please
let me know if we need something else, I could create more jobs, thanks!

[1] https://builds.apache.org/job/CXF-3.3.x-JDK18/
[2] https://builds.apache.org/job/CXF-3.3.x-JDK11/