Support tomcat 9 with osgi

Arnaud Mergey-2
Hello,

Osgi application using cxf cannot be deployed on tomcat 9 because osgi
manifest exclude servlet 4.0. Are there any reasons for that ?

Are there any plan to support Servlet 4.0 api ?

Regards,

Arnaud

Re: Support tomcat 9 with osgi

Andy McCright
Hi Arnaud,

This seems like an oversight to me.  Can you open an issue on the JIRA site
[1]?

In Liberty, we test CXF 3.2.X with Servlet 4.0, but we also repackage the
modules which ends up re-writing the bundle manifests.  I think we can make
this work for everybody by incrementing the Import-Package version for the
javax.servlet packages to include 4.0 (i.e. "[0,4.1)" - it is currently set
to "[0,4.0)".

Thanks for reporting this,

Andy

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/CXF/issues

On Wed, Feb 7, 2018 at 4:00 AM, Arnaud Yahoo <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Osgi application using cxf cannot be deployed on tomcat 9 because osgi
> manifest exclude servlet 4.0. Are there any reasons for that ?
>
> Are there any plan to support Servlet 4.0 api ?
>
> Regards,
>
> Arnaud

Re: Support tomcat 9 with osgi

Arnaud Mergey-2