Quantcast

Server returned HTTP response code: 411

Basharaj
I am trying to write a cxf java client that consumes a PERL webservice. I am getting the following error every time I try to send a message:
Server returned HTTP response code: 411 for URL (Full stack trace is at the end of this message).

I understand that this might be caused by Authochunking set to true by default, so I created the following cxf.xml file in my classpath:

       xmlns:http="http://cxf.apache.org/transports/http/configuration"
       xsi:schemaLocation="
       http://cxf.apache.org/jaxws http://cxf.apache.org/schemas/jaxws.xsd
       http://cxf.apache.org/transports/http/configuration http://cxf.apache.org/schemas/configuration/http-conf.xsd
       http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans/spring-beans.xsd">

          <http:conduit name="*.http-conduit">
          <http:client AllowChunking="false" />
       </http:conduit>
</beans>

And I imported this file in Spring application context. However I am still getting the same 411 error. Any ideas?

Full stack trace:

javax.xml.ws.soap.SOAPFaultException: Could not send Message.
        at org.apache.cxf.jaxws.JaxWsClientProxy.invoke(JaxWsClientProxy.java:175)
        at $Proxy29.get_ip_for_station(Unknown Source)
        at com.vms.locationservice.VDMClientTest.testUpdateAssetCount(VDMClientTest.java:24)
        at org.junit.internal.runners.TestMethodRunner.executeMethodBody(TestMethodRunner.java:99)
        at org.junit.internal.runners.TestMethodRunner.runUnprotected(TestMethodRunner.java:81)
        at org.junit.internal.runners.BeforeAndAfterRunner.runProtected(BeforeAndAfterRunner.java:34)
        at org.junit.internal.runners.TestMethodRunner.runMethod(TestMethodRunner.java:75)
        at org.junit.internal.runners.TestMethodRunner.run(TestMethodRunner.java:45)
        at org.junit.internal.runners.TestClassMethodsRunner.invokeTestMethod(TestClassMethodsRunner.java:66)
        at org.junit.internal.runners.TestClassMethodsRunner.run(TestClassMethodsRunner.java:35)
        at org.junit.internal.runners.TestClassRunner$1.runUnprotected(TestClassRunner.java:42)
        at org.junit.internal.runners.BeforeAndAfterRunner.runProtected(BeforeAndAfterRunner.java:34)
        at org.junit.internal.runners.TestClassRunner.run(TestClassRunner.java:52)
        at org.apache.maven.surefire.junit4.JUnit4TestSet.execute(JUnit4TestSet.java:62)
        at org.apache.maven.surefire.suite.AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.executeTestSet(AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.java:138)
        at org.apache.maven.surefire.suite.AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.execute(AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.java:125)
        at org.apache.maven.surefire.Surefire.run(Surefire.java:132)
        at org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireBooter.runSuitesInProcess(SurefireBooter.java:290)
        at org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireBooter.main(SurefireBooter.java:818)
Caused by: org.apache.cxf.interceptor.Fault: Could not send Message.
        at org.apache.cxf.interceptor.MessageSenderInterceptor$MessageSenderEndingInterceptor.handleMessage(MessageSenderInterceptor.java:64)
        at org.apache.cxf.phase.PhaseInterceptorChain.doIntercept(PhaseInterceptorChain.java:207)
        at org.apache.cxf.endpoint.ClientImpl.invoke(ClientImpl.java:254)
        at org.apache.cxf.endpoint.ClientImpl.invoke(ClientImpl.java:205)
        at org.apache.cxf.frontend.ClientProxy.invokeSync(ClientProxy.java:73)
        at org.apache.cxf.jaxws.JaxWsClientProxy.invoke(JaxWsClientProxy.java:135)
        ... 26 more
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 411 for URL: http://iiws/cgi-bin/wsvdm/WSVDMStationInfo.pl
        at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:494)
        at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection$6.run(HttpURLConnection.java:1227)
        at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getChainedException(HttpURLConnection.java:1221)
        at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:910)
        at org.apache.cxf.transport.http.HTTPConduit$WrappedOutputStream.handleResponse(HTTPConduit.java:1921)
        at org.apache.cxf.transport.http.HTTPConduit$WrappedOutputStream.close(HTTPConduit.java:1790)
        at org.apache.cxf.transport.AbstractConduit.close(AbstractConduit.java:66)
        at org.apache.cxf.transport.http.HTTPConduit.close(HTTPConduit.java:576)
        at org.apache.cxf.interceptor.MessageSenderInterceptor$MessageSenderEndingInterceptor.handleMessage(MessageSenderInterceptor.java:62)
        ... 31 more
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 411 for URL: http://iiws/cgi-bin/wsvdm/WSVDMStationInfo.pl
        at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:1174)
        at java.net.HttpURLConnection.getResponseCode(HttpURLConnection.java:367)
        at org.apache.cxf.transport.http.HTTPConduit$WrappedOutputStream.handleResponse(HTTPConduit.java:1860)
        ... 35 more

Re: Server returned HTTP response code: 411

Willem2
Hi ,

O, if you import the file in the Spring applicaiton context, the
configure will not take any effect in the CXF which version is below
2.0.3. We just fixed it in the 2.0.3 SNAPSHOT.

Here is the JIRA[1] which traced the issue.

[1] http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-922

Willem.

Basharaj wrote:

> [...]
>         at
> org.apache.cxf.transport.http.HTTPConduit.close(HTTPConduit.java:576)
>         at
> org.apache.cxf.interceptor.MessageSenderInterceptor$MessageSenderEndingInterceptor.handleMessage(MessageSenderInterceptor.java:62)
>         ... 31 more
> Caused by: java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 411 for
>         at
> sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:1174)
>         at
> java.net.HttpURLConnection.getResponseCode(HttpURLConnection.java:367)
>         at
> org.apache.cxf.transport.http.HTTPConduit$WrappedOutputStream.handleResponse(HTTPConduit.java:1860)
>         ... 35 more

Re: Server returned HTTP response code: 411

Bashar Abdul-Jawad
Thanks, I did something a little different to work around it which is to
set Autochunking programmatically:

appContext.xml :

<bean id="vdmClient"
class="com.vms.locationservice.service.WSVDMStationInfo"
factory-bean="vdmClientFactory" factory-method="create"/>

    <bean id="vdmClientFactory"
class="com.vms.locationservice.service.VDMJaxWsProxyFactoryBean">
          <property name="serviceClass"
value="com.vms.locationservice.service.WSVDMStationInfo"/>
          <property name="address" value="{address}"/>
    </bean>

VDMJaxWsProxyFactoryBean:

public class VDMJaxWsProxyFactoryBean extends JaxWsProxyFactoryBean {

    public Object create(){
        WSVDMStationInfo wsvdmStationInfo = (WSVDMStationInfo)
super.create();
        Client client = ClientProxy.getClient(wsvdmStationInfo);
        HTTPConduit http = (HTTPConduit) client.getConduit();
        HTTPClientPolicy httpClientPolicy = http.getClient();
        httpClientPolicy.setAllowChunking(false);
        return wsvdmStationInfo;
    }

Regards,

Bashar