Server failed to start and receieved IllegalAnnotationExceptions

Server failed to start and receieved IllegalAnnotationExceptions

prempalod
This post was updated on .
Hi All,

I am upgrading from cxf 2.3.0 to cxf 3.1.11,

I am getting the following exception in JAXBContextCache.class file,

java.security.PrivilegedActionException: com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.IllegalAnnotationsException: 1 counts of IllegalAnnotationExceptions
No element mapping exists for "http://fmw/xsd/cei/v1":"commonEventInformation"
        this problem is related to the following location:
                at @javax.xml.bind.annotation.XmlElementDecl(substitutionHeadName=commonEventInformation, defaultValue=some symbol, substitutionHeadNamespace=http://fmw/xsd/cei/v1, scope=class javax.xml.bind.annotation.XmlElementDecl$GLOBAL, namespace=http://nra/xsd/tca/v1, name=thresholdCrossingAlert)
                at public javax.xml.bind.JAXBElement org.nra.xsd.tca.v1.ObjectFactory.createThresholdCrossingAlert(org.nra.xsd.tca.v1.ThresholdCrossingAlertType)
                at org.nra.xsd.tca.v1.ObjectFactory
                at protected javax.xml.bind.JAXBElement org.nra.xsd.tca.v1.ThresholdCrossingAlertType.thresholdValue
                at org.nra.xsd.tca.v1.ThresholdCrossingAlertType
                at @javax.xml.bind.annotation.XmlSeeAlso(value=[class org.nra.xsd.alm.v1.AlarmType, class org.fmw.xsd.avc.v1.AttributeValueChangeType, class org.fmw.xsd.oc.v1.ObjectCreationType, class org.fmw.xsd.odel.v1.ObjectDeletionType, class org.fmw.xsd.sc.v1.StateChangeType, class org.fmw.xsd.fts.v1.FileTransferStatusType, class org.fmw.xsd.hbt.v1.HeartbeatType, class org.nra.xsd.tca.v1.ThresholdCrossingAlertType])
                at @javax.xml.bind.annotation.XmlSeeAlso(value=[class org.fmw.xsd.ei.v1.EventInformationType, class org.nra.xsd.eps.v1.EquipmentProtectionSwitchType, class org.nra.xsd.pmpsc.v1.PerformanceMonitoringPointStateChangeType, class org.nra.xsd.ps.v1.ProtectionSwitchType])
                at protected java.util.List org.fmw.xsd.notmsg.v1.Notify$Message.commonEventInformation
                at org.fmw.xsd.notmsg.v1.Notify$Message
                at protected org.fmw.xsd.notmsg.v1.Notify$Message org.fmw.xsd.notmsg.v1.Notify.message
                at org.fmw.xsd.notmsg.v1.Notify
                at public org.fmw.xsd.notmsg.v1.Notify org.fmw.xsd.notmsg.v1.ObjectFactory.createNotify()
                at org.fmw.xsd.notmsg.v1.ObjectFactory

These ObjectFactory and notify classes are auto generated using the wsdl2Java class files. So these are correctly annotated(I guess). Do we need to added some other annotations any further.

while executing the below code I am getting the error,

ctx = AccessController.doPrivileged(new PrivilegedExceptionAction<JAXBContext>() {
                public JAXBContext run() throws Exception {

Is there any problem with jaxb-binding being done here..

Thanks,
Prem

Re: Server failed to start and receieved IllegalAnnotationExceptions

prempalod
This post was updated on .
Hi Daniel,

from this post I found the following detail which you have posted.

http://cxf.547215.n5.nabble.com/Created-CXF-1711-Server-failed-to-start-and-receieved-IllegalAnnotationExceptions-td588899.html

In this you have written that

Two ways to deal with it:
1) Use the "extra classes" configuration stuff to configure in the extra classes that are needed.
2) Update the JAXBContextInitializer to walk the parent as well. I'll get this done on the fixes branch.

What does the first statement means, can you explain in detail regarding this.

Thanks and Regards,
prem