Proposal: switch master to 3.5.0, create a maitenance branch for 3.4.x

Proposal: switch master to 3.5.0, create a maitenance branch for 3.4.x

Andriy Redko
Hello guys,

A lot of things and changes are coming to us, to name a few Jakarta EE 9 (along with Jakarta Restful Web Services
API 3.0), Spring Boot 2.4 (and Spring Framework 5.3), expected to be there in a few weeks. There are tons of work
planned for 3.5.0 already which we could kick off slowly. I would like to suggest moving master to 3.5.0 and creating
a maintenance branch for 3.4.x release line, so we could continue to address ongoing development along with pushing
major changes. What everyone thinks?

Best Regards,
    Andriy Redko

Re: Proposal: switch master to 3.5.0, create a maitenance branch for 3.4.x

Hey Andriy,

Yes it makes sense, let's wait until we get the 3.4.1 release out and then
proceed.

Colm.

On Sun, Oct 25, 2020 at 1:23 AM Andriy Redko <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello guys,
>
> A lot of things and changes are coming to us, to name a few Jakarta EE 9
> (along with Jakarta Restful Web Services
> API 3.0), Spring Boot 2.4 (and Spring Framework 5.3), expected to be there
> in a few weeks. There are tons of work
> planned for 3.5.0 already which we could kick off slowly. I would like to
> suggest moving master to 3.5.0 and creating
> a maintenance branch for 3.4.x release line, so we could continue to
> address ongoing development along with pushing
> major changes. What everyone thinks?
>
> Best Regards,
>     Andriy Redko

Re: Proposal: switch master to 3.5.0, create a maitenance branch for 3.4.x

Daniel  Kulp
Administrator

I agree, if we can wait until 3.4.1, that would be good.

Thanks!
Dan

[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]> - http://dankulp.com/blog <http://dankulp.com/blog>
Talend - http://talend.com <http://coders.talend.com/>

Re: Proposal: switch master to 3.5.0, create a maitenance branch for 3.4.x

Andriy Redko
Hey Daniel, Colm,

Thanks guys, agree with the plan, no pressure to make it
happen before 3.4.1 release, right after sounds good, thanks!

Best Regards,
    Andriy Redko