Quantcast

No binding factory for namespace http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/ registered

John Hite
I'm trying to use the smaller cxf modules in my project and I'm running into a problem. I keep getting the attached exception. I am including the following modules;

modules/cxf-api-2.2.jar
modules/cxf-rt-core-2.2.jar
modules/cxf-common-utilities-2.2.jar
modules/cxf-rt-bindings-soap-2.2.jar
modules/cxf-rt-bindings-xml-2.2.jar
modules/cxf-rt-databinding-jaxb-2.2.jar
modules/cxf-rt-frontend-jaxws-2.2.jar
modules/cxf-rt-frontend-simple-2.2.jar
modules/cxf-rt-transports-http-2.2.jar
modules/cxf-rt-transports-http-jetty-2.2.jar
modules/cxf-rt-ws-addr-2.2.jar
modules/cxf-tools-common-2.2.jar
XmlSchema-1.4.4.jar
xml-resolver-1.2.jar
neethi-2.0.4.jar
wsdl4j-1.6.2.jar
jaxb-impl-2.1.9.jar
asm-2.2.3.jar

I am using those modules, because they are the ones that make everything work on the server side. I am taking all of these libraries and re-jaring them into a single jar file to make deployment easier. I remove any signature and manifest files before I re-jar them. The problem that I am having is that if I use the modules, I get the "No binding factory for namespace http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/ registered" exception, but if I use the full cxf-2.2.jar (still re-jaring it to include the other dependencies), I do not get this exception. I've even tried including all the modules in the modules folder and I still get the same problem.

Thank you,
John

org.apache.cxf.service.factory.ServiceConstructionException: Could not resolve a binding for null
            at org.apache.cxf.frontend.AbstractWSDLBasedEndpointFactory.createBindingInfo(AbstractWSDLBasedEndpointFactory.java:404)
            at org.apache.cxf.frontend.AbstractWSDLBasedEndpointFactory.createEndpointInfo(AbstractWSDLBasedEndpointFactory.java:258)
            at org.apache.cxf.frontend.AbstractWSDLBasedEndpointFactory.createEndpoint(AbstractWSDLBasedEndpointFactory.java:146)
            at org.apache.cxf.frontend.ClientFactoryBean.create(ClientFactoryBean.java:52)
            at org.apache.cxf.frontend.ClientProxyFactoryBean.create(ClientProxyFactoryBean.java:102)
            at org.apache.cxf.jaxws.JaxWsProxyFactoryBean.create(JaxWsProxyFactoryBean.java:115)
            at com.example.gui.domain.Session.getService(Session.java:145)
            at com.example.gui.domain.service.soap.AbstractServiceImpl.<init>(AbstractServiceImpl.java:23)
            at com.example.gui.domain.service.soap.GetUserConsoleOrgsImpl.<init>(GetUserConsoleOrgsImpl.java:14)
            at com.example.gui.domain.service.ServiceFactory.getGetUserConsoleOrgsService(ServiceFactory.java:443)
            at com.example.gui.domain.AccessManager.getOrgs(AccessManager.java:62)
            at com.example.gui.windows.ConsoleApplet.login (ConsoleApplet.java:1253)
            at com.example.gui.windows.ConsoleApplet.init(ConsoleApplet.java:1227)
            at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager$AppletExecutionRunnable.run(Unknown Source)
            at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: org.apache.cxf.BusException: No binding factory for namespace http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/ registered.
            at org.apache.cxf.binding.BindingFactoryManagerImpl.getBindingFactory(BindingFactoryManagerImpl.java:91)
            at org.apache.cxf.frontend.AbstractWSDLBasedEndpointFactory.createBindingInfo(AbstractWSDLBasedEndpointFactory.java:394)
            ... 14 more
java.lang.NullPointerException
            at com.example.gui.domain.service.soap.GetUserConsoleOrgsImpl.getUserConsoleOrgs(GetUserConsoleOrgsImpl.java:29)
            at com.example.gui.domain.AccessManager.getOrgs(AccessManager.java:64)

Re: No binding factory for namespace http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/ registered

> work on the server side. I am taking all of these libraries and re-jaring
> them into a single jar file to make deployment easier. I remove any
> signature and manifest files before I re-jar them.

That's the problem.   That's not going to work.   There are several files that
need to be "merged" together for that to work.   If you WANT to do this, use
the shade plugin.    It has plugins that can merge the files together
properly.   For example, you could use the config in:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cxf/trunk/distribution/bundle/all/pom.xml
which is what we use to create our bundle jars.

Dan

http://www.dankulp.com/blog