Quantcast

JAX-WS CXF with Tibco JMS

Ed Scriven
Hello,

I am experiencing problems getting JAX-WS CXF with Tibco JMS to work.  My
configuration is derived from the
http://cwiki.apache.org/CXF20DOC/jax-ws-java-first-with-jms-transport.html and
http://cwiki.apache.org/CXF20DOC/jms-transport.html.  I am using Spring.

If I provide a jndiReplyDestinationName on the jms:conduit/jms:address
element all works fine.  Unfortunately when I remove this attribute and
expect temporary queues instead Tibco throws a
javax.jms.InvalidDestinationException:
Invalid temporary destination exception.  This exception is raised from the
Spring DefaultMessageListenerContainer requesting Tibco libraries to create
a consumer.

Having inspected the Tibco logs the temporary queue is created successfully
named $TMP$.EMS-SERVER.9A049772E795.2.  The logs do state that "created
receiver failed: invalid temporary queue".

I have spent a good day trawling Google for anything related to this issue,
but with no success.  Apologies not stack traces nor code, they are on a
segregated network with no Internet access.  I can get them if required.

Has anyone experience CXF with Tibco JMS?  Has anyone experienced temporary
queue problems before?

Regards,

Ed

--
Batehawk Ltd registered in England and Wales.  Registration number: 6142022
Registered Office: c/o Ascot Sinclair Associates, Avondale House,
262 Uxbridge Road, Hatch End, Middlesex, HA5 4HS.

Re: JAX-WS CXF with Tibco JMS

cschneider
Hi Ed,

I will check my own sample with tibco ems.

Greetings

Christian

--

Christian Schneider
---
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Re: JAX-WS CXF with Tibco JMS

Ed Scriven
Hello Christian,

Did you get a chance to check your own samples with Tibco EMS?

Regards,

Ed

--
Batehawk Ltd registered in England and Wales.  Registration number: 6142022
Registered Office: c/o Ascot Sinclair Associates, Avondale House,
262 Uxbridge Road, Hatch End, Middlesex, HA5 4HS.

Re: JAX-WS CXF with Tibco JMS

cschneider
Hi Ed,

I have just tested using CXF 2.1.3 with Tibco EMS and configuration for
temporary reply queues. I get the same exception that you get.

When testing with CXF 2.2-SNAPSHOT built from the current CXF Head my
example worked. So I guess the problem will be fixed in 2.1.4.
But till now I do not know where the problem was.

I have opened a Jira Issue for the problem:

Greetings

Christian

--

Christian Schneider
---
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Re: JAX-WS CXF with Tibco JMS

cschneider
Could you try to checkout the CXF head from subversion, compile it and
try it with your project.
I was not yet able to identify the source of the problem but for me it
seems solved on the head.
If it works for you too we can be quite sure that CXF 2.1.4 will include
the fix for this issue.

If your have subversion and maven installed the following will work:

svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cxf/trunk
cd trunk
set MAVEN_OPTS=-Xmx512M -XX:MaxPermSize=128M
mvn -Pfastinstall

In your project you then include the just compiled version as:
2.2-SNAPSHOT

Greetings

Christian

--

Christian Schneider
---
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Re: JAX-WS CXF with Tibco JMS

I deployed new snapshots last night:
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/cxf/apache-cxf/

Feel free to use them instead of building your own.

Dan

On Wednesday 28 January 2009 2:22:22 am Christian Schneider wrote:

> Could you try to checkout the CXF head from subversion, compile it and
> try it with your project.
> I was not yet able to identify the source of the problem but for me it
> seems solved on the head.
> If it works for you too we can be quite sure that CXF 2.1.4 will include
> the fix for this issue.
>
> If your have subversion and maven installed the following will work:
>
> svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cxf/trunk
> cd trunk
> set MAVEN_OPTS=-Xmx512M -XX:MaxPermSize=128M
> mvn -Pfastinstall
>
> In your project you then include the just compiled version as:
> 2.2-SNAPSHOT
>
> Greetings
>
> Christian
>
> Ed Scriven schrieb:
> > Hello Christian,
> >
> > Did you get a chance to check your own samples with Tibco EMS?
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Ed
> >
> > 2009/1/21 Christian Schneider <[hidden email]>
> >
> >> Hi Ed,
> >>
> >> I will check my own sample with tibco ems.
> >>
> >> Greetings
> >>
> >> Christian
> >>
> >> Ed Scriven schrieb:
> >>
> >> Hello,

> >> --
> >>
> >> Christian Schneider
> >> ---
> >> http://www.liquid-reality.de

http://dankulp.com/blog

Re: JAX-WS CXF with Tibco JMS

Ed Scriven
Dan, Christian,

Thanks.  I am looking into this right now.

Ed

--
Batehawk Ltd registered in England and Wales.  Registration number: 6142022
Registered Office: c/o Ascot Sinclair Associates, Avondale House,
262 Uxbridge Road, Hatch End, Middlesex, HA5 4HS.

Re: JAX-WS CXF with Tibco JMS

Ed Scriven
Christian,

I have tested my configuration with Tibco 4.3.0 and CXF 2.2-SNAPSHOT.
Unfortunately problems persist.

Although javax.jms.InvalidDestinationException is no longer thrown,
the client times out.  Inspecting the Tibco logs shows that the
temporary queue is created successfully but "created receiver failed:
invalid temporary queue" remains.

For your information, my CXF configuration is as follows (please note
that this has been manually typed over from a segregated network):

Server:
<bean id="systemParametersService"
class="system.parameters.SystemParametersServiceImpl" />

<jaxws:endpoint id="systemParameters"
implementor="#systemParametersService" address="jms://" />

<jms:destination
name="{http://system.parameters/SystemParametersServiceImpl}SystemParametersServiceImplPort.jms-destination">
  <jms:address destinationStyle="queue"

jndiConnectionFactoryName="system.parameters.JMSConnectionFactory"
                       jndiDestinationName="system.parameters.SOAP"
                       useJms11="true">
    <jms:JMSNamingProperty name="java.naming.factory.initial"
value="com.tibco.tibjms.naming.TibjmsInitialContextFactory" />
    <jms:JMSNamingProperty name="java.naming.provider.url"
value="tibjmsnaming://localhost:7222" />
</jms:destination>

Client:
<jaxws:client id="systemParametersClient"
serviceClass="system.parameters.SystemParametersService"
address="jms://" />

<jms:conduit name="{http://system.parameters/SystemParametersServiceImpl}SystemParametersServicePort.jms-conduit">
  <jms:address destinationStyle="queue"

jndiConnectionFactoryName="system.parameters.JMSConnectionFactory"
                       jndiDestinationName="system.parameters.SOAP"
                       useJms11="true">
    <jms:JMSNamingProperty name="java.naming.factory.initial"
value="com.tibco.tibjms.naming.TibjmsInitialContextFactory" />
    <jms:JMSNamingProperty name="java.naming.provider.url"
value="tibjmsnaming://localhost:7222" />
</jms:conduit>

Regards,

Ed

--
Batehawk Ltd registered in England and Wales.  Registration number: 6142022
Registered Office: c/o Ascot Sinclair Associates, Avondale House,
262 Uxbridge Road, Hatch End, Middlesex, HA5 4HS.

How to use Asynchronous callback SOAP/HTTP when consumer in a webapp (running inside JEE container)

Rao, Sameer V
Hi,

Per the JAXWS specs there is support for asynchronous consumption of
services (SOAP over HTTP) using the ExecuteService class.
How does this work when the consumer of the service is a webapp and
running inside a JEE container - JBoss 4.2.

Per JEE specs, applications are not supposed to manage/spawn threads.

How does CXF create/control threads when consumer (client) is a webapp
running in Jboss; does it register the ThreadPool with the container so
that container has visibility of these threads?

Thanks
Sameer

Re: JAX-WS CXF with Tibco JMS

cschneider
Hi Ed,

I have been able to reproduce the error on 2.2-SNAPSHOT now. It seems to
happen when the ConnectionFactory is not wrapped in a
SingleConnectionFactory.
With the config style you use this should happen automatically.

Could you provide me with a complete maven sample project that shows the
error? This would help debugging into the problem.
As a workaround you can use the new config style as explained in :
http://cwiki.apache.org/CXF20DOC/using-the-jmsconfigfeature.html

When you wrap the ConnectionFactory like in the example the error should
not occur. Still I would like to fix this of course ;-)

Greetings

Christian

--

Christian Schneider
---
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Re: JAX-WS CXF with Tibco JMS

Ed Scriven
Christian,

I have updated my configuration to the new config style with
SingleConnectionFactory and the same problems persist.  I'll try and
get a sample maven project made up for you.  As mentioned, all my code
is on a segregated network with no internet access so this may take me
a day or so.

Regards,

Ed

--
Batehawk Ltd registered in England and Wales.  Registration number: 6142022
Registered Office: c/o Ascot Sinclair Associates, Avondale House,
262 Uxbridge Road, Hatch End, Middlesex, HA5 4HS.

Re: JAX-WS CXF with Tibco JMS

cschneider
Hi Ed,

I have created an example with an old style config but were not abble to
reproduce the problem in this way. I will attach my configs.
Perhaps you can try with these settings. I only had to add a queue
definition for my queue name to the queues.conf. Apart from this I used
a freshly installed tibco ems.

It would be great if you can provide a sample maven project that
reproduces the problem this week. Dan wanted to ship the cxf 2.1.4 today
and I asked him to delay the release for some
days to fix this.

Greetings

Christian

--------------------------
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!--
        contributor license agreements. See the NOTICE file distributed with
        The ASF licenses this file to You under the Apache License, Version
        2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance
        with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at

        http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 Unless required by
        applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed
under the
        License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR
        CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the
License for
        the specific language governing permissions and limitations
under the
        License.
    -->
xmlns:jms="http://cxf.apache.org/transports/jms"
    xmlns:p="http://www.springframework.org/schema/p"
xmlns:context="http://www.springframework.org/schema/context"
http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans/spring-beans-2.5.xsd
        http://www.springframework.org/schema/context
http://www.springframework.org/schema/context/spring-context-2.5.xsd
        http://cxf.apache.org/core http://cxf.apache.org/schemas/core.xsd
        http://cxf.apache.org/jaxws http://cxf.apache.org/schemas/jaxws.xsd
        http://cxf.apache.org/transports/jms
http://cxf.apache.org/schemas/configuration/jms.xsd">

    <import resource="classpath:META-INF/cxf/cxf-extension-soap.xml" />
    <import resource="classpath:META-INF/cxf/cxf-extension-jms.xml" />
    <import resource="classpath:META-INF/cxf/cxf-extension-http.xml" />

    <jaxws:client id="CustomerService"
xmlns:customer="http://customerservice.example.com/"
        serviceName="customer:CustomerServiceService"
endpointName="customer:CustomerServiceEndpoint"
        address="jms://"
serviceClass="com.example.customerservice.CustomerService">
    </jaxws:client>

    <jms:conduit

name="{http://customerservice.example.com/}CustomerServiceEndpoint.jms-conduit">
        <jms:address destinationStyle="queue"
            jndiConnectionFactoryName="QueueConnectionFactory"
            jndiDestinationName="test.cxf.jmstransport.queue"
            useJms11="true">
            <jms:JMSNamingProperty name="java.naming.factory.initial"

value="com.tibco.tibjms.naming.TibjmsInitialContextFactory" />
            <jms:JMSNamingProperty name="java.naming.provider.url"
                value="tibjmsnaming://localhost:7222" />
        </jms:address>
    </jms:conduit>

</beans>
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
xmlns:jms="http://cxf.apache.org/transports/jms"
    xmlns:p="http://www.springframework.org/schema/p"
http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans/spring-beans-2.5.xsd
        http://www.springframework.org/schema/context
http://www.springframework.org/schema/context/spring-context-2.5.xsd
        http://cxf.apache.org/core http://cxf.apache.org/schemas/core.xsd
        http://cxf.apache.org/jaxws http://cxf.apache.org/schemas/jaxws.xsd
        http://cxf.apache.org/transports/jms
http://cxf.apache.org/schemas/configuration/jms.xsd
">

    <import resource="classpath:META-INF/cxf/cxf-extension-http.xml" />
    <import
resource="classpath:META-INF/cxf/cxf-extension-http-jetty.xml" />
    <import resource="classpath:META-INF/cxf/cxf-extension-soap.xml" />
    <import resource="classpath:META-INF/cxf/cxf-extension-jms.xml" />

    <jaxws:endpoint xmlns:customer="http://customerservice.example.com/"
        id="CustomerService" address="jms://"
serviceName="customer:CustomerServiceService"
        endpointName="customer:CustomerServiceEndpoint"
implementor="com.example.customerservice.impl.CustomerServiceImpl">
    </jaxws:endpoint>

    <jms:destination

name="{http://customerservice.example.com/}CustomerServiceEndpoint.jms-destination">

--

Christian Schneider
---
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Re: JAX-WS CXF with Tibco JMS

Ed Scriven
Christian,

I am halfway through getting the sample together.  Hopefully I'll have
it up and running by midday tomorrow.

At present the only difference I can see is the version of Tibco we
are using - I am using 4.3.0.

--
Batehawk Ltd registered in England and Wales.  Registration number: 6142022
Registered Office: c/o Ascot Sinclair Associates, Avondale House,
262 Uxbridge Road, Hatch End, Middlesex, HA5 4HS.

Re: JAX-WS CXF with Tibco JMS

cschneider
Have you tried to use a freshly installed tibco EMS? Perhaps it has to
do with the EMS configuration.

In any case the exception seems to mean that a connection is using the
temporary destination that may not use it. In my case of the missing
SingleConnectionFactory it was because the connection that reveived the
message on the server was not the same as the one that sent sent the
message back to the temp queue.

The strange thing is that in the case of the old style configuration the
SingleConnectionFactory is atutomatically used. So there should be no
case where the jms transport is using more than one connection.

Greetings

Christian

--

Christian Schneider
---
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Re: JAX-WS CXF with Tibco JMS

Ed Scriven
Christian,

Please find an example maven/Eclipse project attached.  It should work
out of the box, except for the Tibco dependencies which you will need
to configure to point at your own.

The service is deployed as a WAR in Tomcat 6.  In Eclipse, this can be
achieved by selecting "Run As -> Run on Server" on the project and
using embedded Tomcat 6 runtime in Eclipse (you may need to install
Tomcat externally first).

To execute the client run the SystemParametersServiceClient as a Java
application.

Please note that the problems I am experiencing are from the client,
not the service.  Your comments suggest that the problems you were
experiencing were from the service.

I'll respond to any queries as quickly as possible.

Regards,

Ed

--
Batehawk Ltd registered in England and Wales.  Registration number: 6142022
Registered Office: c/o Ascot Sinclair Associates, Avondale House,
262 Uxbridge Road, Hatch End, Middlesex, HA5 4HS.

systemparameters.zip (18K) Download Attachment

Re: JAX-WS CXF with Tibco JMS

cschneider
Hi Ed,

I was not yet able to get the example running on Tomcat. So I added a
small standalone starter for the server side.
Using the standalone server the example worked without problems. Could
you please test if the issue also occurs for you
standalone?

If the issue only appears on Tomcat then perhaps we have a clue where to
search.

Below you find my standalone starter. I have also attached the exception
I get when starting tomcat.

I also had to change the pom to find my tibco jar. I only used the
tibjms.jar. You had two jars in your pom.

        <!-- Tibco -->
        <dependency>
            <groupId>com.tibco</groupId>
            <artifactId>tibjms</artifactId>
            <version>4.4.2</version>
            <scope>runtime</scope>
        </dependency>

Greetings

Christian

-----

package com.batehawk;

import org.apache.commons.lang.builder.ToStringBuilder;
import org.springframework.context.ApplicationContext;
import org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext;

/**
 * System Parameters Service Client
 */
public class SystemParametersServiceServer {

    /**
     * @param args None
     * @throws Exception from unknown problem
     */
    public static void main(final String[] args) {
        ApplicationContext context = new
ClassPathXmlApplicationContext("spring/systemparameters/systemparameters-config-cxf.xml");
    }
}
----------

SCHWERWIEGEND: Error configuring application listener of class
org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener
    at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1387)
    at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1233)
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:3786)
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4342)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1045)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:719)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1045)
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:443)
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:516)
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:710)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:578)
    at
    at
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:288)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:413)

----

Ed Scriven schrieb:

> Christian,
>
> Please find an example maven/Eclipse project attached.  It should work
> out of the box, except for the Tibco dependencies which you will need
> to configure to point at your own.
>
> The service is deployed as a WAR in Tomcat 6.  In Eclipse, this can be
> achieved by selecting "Run As -> Run on Server" on the project and
> using embedded Tomcat 6 runtime in Eclipse (you may need to install
> Tomcat externally first).
>
> To execute the client run the SystemParametersServiceClient as a Java
> application.
>
> Please note that the problems I am experiencing are from the client,
> not the service.  Your comments suggest that the problems you were
> experiencing were from the service.
>
> I'll respond to any queries as quickly as possible.
>
> Regards,
>
> Ed

Re: JAX-WS CXF with Tibco JMS

Ed Scriven
Christian,

I am unable to get to work today due to the snow here in the UK.  I'll
have a look tomorrow.

Your exception for Tomcat is a common problem in Eclipse.  If you
restart Eclipse it normally goes away.  If not, I clean out the Tomcat
working directories (right-click server in Eclipse for the option) and
then restart Eclipse.

Hope that helps,

Ed

--
Batehawk Ltd registered in England and Wales.  Registration number: 6142022
Registered Office: c/o Ascot Sinclair Associates, Avondale House,
262 Uxbridge Road, Hatch End, Middlesex, HA5 4HS.

Re: JAX-WS CXF with Tibco JMS

Ed Scriven
Christian,

I have run up your standalone server and experience the same problems.  I
therefore suspect this is a bug in the Tibco version I am using.  You use
4.4.2 and I use 4.3.0.  I'll see if I can get hold of the later libraries
and retest again.

Thanks for all your help with this problem.