How to quantify schema validation performance?

How to quantify schema validation performance?

jp4-2
We are currently using CXF (2.2) with schema validation enabled.  I would like to be able to quantify how expensive the schema validation is (i.e. execution time in milliseconds).  I would like to do this for both inbound and outbound validation.

Ideally, I would just wrap the spring bean using AOP to log the method invocation.   If someone could point me to the beans (i.e. interceptors that are used to perform the schema validation) it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

John

Re: How to quantify schema validation performance?

On Thu April 16 2009 11:40:27 am jp4 wrote:
> We are currently using CXF (2.2) with schema validation enabled.  I would
> like to be able to quantify how expensive the schema validation is (i.e.
> execution time in milliseconds).  I would like to do this for both inbound
> and outbound validation.
>
> Ideally, I would just wrap the spring bean using AOP to log the method
> invocation.   If someone could point me to the beans (i.e. interceptors
> that are used to perform the schema validation) it would be greatly
> appreciated.

Well, the validation is done DURING the JAXB reading/writing.   Basically, we
feed the schemas to JAXB and it validates while its doing it's work.  Thus,
you really cannot pull out the time that is spent validating.

What I could suggest is enable the management stuff:
http://cwiki.apache.org/CXF20DOC/jmx-management.html

which can record a bunch of metrics that would then appear in the mgmt
console.   Run once with validation enabled, run again without and compare.

http://www.dankulp.com/blog