Flip master to 3.4, create 3.3.x-fixes

Daniel  Kulp
Administrator
Now that 3.3.3 is built, I’d like to flip master to 3.4 and open it up for the bigger changes (like Jakarta deps) and whatever else has to wait for 3.4.   Any objections?

[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]> - http://dankulp.com/blog <http://dankulp.com/blog>
Talend Community Coder - http://talend.com <http://coders.talend.com/>

Re: Flip master to 3.4, create 3.3.x-fixes

Andy McCright
Hi Dan,

No objections from me, but I have a question about the Jakarta
dependencies.

The Jakarta EE 8 release (due in September) is supposed to be binary
compatible with Java EE 8 - i.e. the javax.* packages will still be javax.*
(not jakarta.*).  Is the plan for 3.4.X to support Jakarta EE 8 (basically
just swapping the maven coordinates and optionally running the
now-open-sourced TCK), and then use 3.5.X or later to support Jakarta EE 9
with the new package names and new functionality?

Thanks,

Andy

On Thu, Aug 8, 2019 at 12:13 PM Daniel Kulp <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Now that 3.3.3 is built, I’d like to flip master to 3.4 and open it up for
> the bigger changes (like Jakarta deps) and whatever else has to wait for
> 3.4.   Any objections?
>

> --
> Daniel Kulp
> [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]> - http://dankulp.com/blog <
> http://dankulp.com/blog>
> Talend Community Coder - http://talend.com <http://coders.talend.com/>

Re: Flip master to 3.4, create 3.3.x-fixes

Dennis Kieselhorst
Hi Andy!
> The Jakarta EE 8 release (due in September) is supposed to be binary
> compatible with Java EE 8 - i.e. the javax.* packages will still be javax.*
> (not jakarta.*).  Is the plan for 3.4.X to support Jakarta EE 8 (basically
> just swapping the maven coordinates and optionally running the
> now-open-sourced TCK), and then use 3.5.X or later to support Jakarta EE 9
> with the new package names and new functionality?

Your proposal makes sense to me. Maybe it's even time for CXF 4.x.x then...

Cheers

Dennis

Re: Flip master to 3.4, create 3.3.x-fixes

Freeman-2
Yup, if we have to change the spec/api package name, probably CXF 4.x is a better version
Freeman(Yue) Fang

Red Hat, Inc.