Change SOAP Action

Curtis Jensen
I'm calling an Axis2 SOAP service.  However, I receive this error:
The endpoint reference (EPR) for the Operation not found [URL] and the
WSA Action [ACTION]

I'm using the example found below to change the SOAP action for my
service call.
http://www.opendocs.net/apache/cxf/2.2.4/interceptors.html

However, when the service is invoked, the SOAP action is not changed.
(I know it's not changed because I receive the same error).

Should I change the action this way?
Why is the action not being changed?

Thanks,
Curtis

Re: Change SOAP Action

Daniel  Kulp
Administrator

I don't reall see an example on that page for setting an action, just querying
the action on the incoming chain.

For the most part, you probably don't even need an interceptor for this.  Just
do something like:

((BindingProvider)proxy).getRequestContext().put(
     BindingProvider.SOAPACTION_URI_PROPERTY,
     "my.soap.action");

before calling the method.   That should do it.

Dan

On Wednesday 15 September 2010 10:34:11 am Curtis Jensen wrote:

> I'm calling an Axis2 SOAP service.  However, I receive this error:
> The endpoint reference (EPR) for the Operation not found [URL] and the
> WSA Action [ACTION]
>
> I'm using the example found below to change the SOAP action for my
> service call.
> http://www.opendocs.net/apache/cxf/2.2.4/interceptors.html
>
> However, when the service is invoked, the SOAP action is not changed.
> (I know it's not changed because I receive the same error).
>
> Should I change the action this way?
> Why is the action not being changed?
>
> Thanks,
> Curtis

http://dankulp.com/blog

Re: Change SOAP Action

Curtis Jensen
The example on the page has how to access the SOAP action (in the
getAndSetOperation function in one of the examples).  It was the only
example I could find that was close to what I was trying to do.  I had
attempted to change the example by setting the SOAP action there.
Obviously this doesn't work.

Fortunately, you suggesting works.

Thanks,
Curtis