CXF 3.2?

Daniel  Kulp
Administrator

It’s been over two years since 3.1.0 was released which is a long time.    I’d like to get 3.2.0 out shortly.   Looking through things, the major outstanding things are snapshots of a couple deps (xjc-utils,build-utils, wss4j) and updates to the JAX-RS stuff to use the released 2.1.   What else do folks have outstanding that would be “needed” to get into 3.2?    Would Sept 1st be a good target for getting 3.2 built?   That would give use a few weeks to finish things up and get the releases out.

Thoughts?

Re: CXF 3.2?

Romain Manni-Bucau
Hi Daniel,

do you want/need a geronimo jaxrs 2.1 release or will you just use the
javax one?

Romain Manni-Bucau

> It’s been over two years since 3.1.0 was released which is a long time.
> I’d like to get 3.2.0 out shortly.   Looking through things, the major
> outstanding things are snapshots of a couple deps (xjc-utils,build-utils,
> wss4j) and updates to the JAX-RS stuff to use the released 2.1.   What else
> do folks have outstanding that would be “needed” to get into 3.2?    Would
> Sept 1st be a good target for getting 3.2 built?   That would give use a
> few weeks to finish things up and get the releases out.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> --
> Daniel Kulp
> [hidden email] - http://dankulp.com/blog

Re: CXF 3.2?

Andrey Redko
Hi Dan,

That would be great to see 3.2 getting out :) Will try to finish up SSE impl till this time, mostly
the hardcore testing left, looking to workaround Atmosphere limitations ... But should be good for Sep 1.
Thanks!

Best Regards,
    Andriy Redko

DK> It’s been over two years since 3.1.0 was released which is a long time.    I’d like to get 3.2.0 out shortly.
DK> Looking through things, the major outstanding things are snapshots of a couple deps (xjc-utils,build-utils, wss4j)
DK> and updates to the JAX-RS stuff to use the released 2.1.   What else do folks have outstanding that would be
DK> “needed” to get into 3.2?    Would Sept 1st be a good target for getting 3.2 built?   That would give use a few weeks to finish things up and get the releases out.

DK> Thoughts?

Re: CXF 3.2?

Dennis Kieselhorst-2
Good plan. I'd like to see support for Swagger/ OpenAPI Spec 3.0.0 in
CXF 3.2 but we should postpone it if no updated swagger-core library is
available by Sept 1st.

Regards
Dennis

Re: CXF 3.2?

Sergey Beryozkin
Hi Romain

CXF usually depends on the jaxrs one, not sure if it is problematic or
not. Right now we have a final 2.1 dep, will only need to get an OSGI
spec bundle (for Java 8 service loader mechanism - not sure either at
the moment how that can be done given that all the specs bundle use the
different technique at the moment)

Cheers, Sergey

On 10/08/17 19:31, Romain Manni-Bucau wrote:

> Hi Daniel,
>
> do you want/need a geronimo jaxrs 2.1 release or will you just use the
> javax one?
>

> Romain Manni-Bucau

>> It’s been over two years since 3.1.0 was released which is a long time.
>> I’d like to get 3.2.0 out shortly.   Looking through things, the major
>> outstanding things are snapshots of a couple deps (xjc-utils,build-utils,
>> wss4j) and updates to the JAX-RS stuff to use the released 2.1.   What else
>> do folks have outstanding that would be “needed” to get into 3.2?    Would
>> Sept 1st be a good target for getting 3.2 built?   That would give use a
>> few weeks to finish things up and get the releases out.
>>
>> Thoughts?
>>
>> --
>> Daniel Kulp
>> [hidden email] - http://dankulp.com/blog

Re: CXF 3.2?

Sergey Beryozkin
We can get it for 3.2.1 for ex, swagger-core + swagger-jaxrs which
interacts with the new swagger-core would need to be available, so it is
a bit tight...

Sergey

--
Sergey Beryozkin

Talend Community Coders
http://coders.talend.com/

Re: CXF 3.2?

Romain Manni-Bucau
@Sergey: java 8 or 9? - guess it was a 9 right? Anyway we - as asf - own G
so if needed, dont hesitate to ping ;).

Very happy to see 3.2 coming and Meecrowave would be interested to upgrade
asap. Only "?" I have is if dependencies will not grow too much -
atmosphere for instance - but sure we can tackle it iteratively.

--
Sergey Beryozkin

Talend Community Coders
http://coders.talend.com/

Re: CXF 3.2?

Sergey Beryozkin
Administrator
Hi Romain
On 11/08/17 06:41, Romain Manni-Bucau wrote:
> @Sergey: java 8 or 9? - guess it was a 9 right? Anyway we - as asf - own G
> so if needed, dont hesitate to ping ;).

Java 8 as far as I know, JAX-RS 2.1 is Java 8, I've checked the source,
https://search.maven.org/#search%7Cga%7C1%7Cjavax.ws.rs

module info is shipped, I recall it was done to make it loadable by Java
9, hmm, I do not see any Java 8 specific mechanism used RuntimeDelegate.
So may that is just it, module info is shipped to help it loaded with
Java9, and we will just need the regular spec bundle for OSGI...

> Very happy to see 3.2 coming and Meecrowave would be interested to upgrade
> asap. Only "?" I have is if dependencies will not grow too much -
> atmosphere for instance - but sure we can tackle it iteratively.

SSE code is in a separate module so if you do not need it (or web socket
transport) then no Atmosphere dep will be pulled in

Sergey

> Le 11 août 2017 00:02, "Sergey Beryozkin" <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> We can get it for 3.2.1 for ex, swagger-core + swagger-jaxrs which
> interacts with the new swagger-core would need to be available, so it is a
> bit tight...
>
> Sergey
>
> On 10/08/17 20:37, Dennis Kieselhorst wrote:
>
>> Good plan. I'd like to see support for Swagger/ OpenAPI Spec 3.0.0 in
>> CXF 3.2 but we should postpone it if no updated swagger-core library is
>> available by Sept 1st.
>>
>> Regards
>> Dennis

Re: CXF 3.2?

Romain Manni-Bucau

> Hi Romain
>
>> @Sergey: java 8 or 9? - guess it was a 9 right? Anyway we - as asf - own G
>> so if needed, dont hesitate to ping ;).
>>
>> Java 8 as far as I know, JAX-RS 2.1 is Java 8, I've checked the source,
> https://search.maven.org/#search%7Cga%7C1%7Cjavax.ws.rs
>
> module info is shipped, I recall it was done to make it loadable by Java
> 9, hmm, I do not see any Java 8 specific mechanism used RuntimeDelegate.
> So may that is just it, module info is shipped to help it loaded with
> Java9, and we will just need the regular spec bundle for OSGI...

Yep, that's what I had in mind so not a requirement for JAX-RS 2.1 by
itself :)

> Very happy to see 3.2 coming and Meecrowave would be interested to upgrade
>> asap. Only "?" I have is if dependencies will not grow too much -
>> atmosphere for instance - but sure we can tackle it iteratively.
>>
>> SSE code is in a separate module so if you do not need it (or web socket
> transport) then no Atmosphere dep will be pulled in

Issue is when you need it (since it is in the spec I guess we can assume
you want it), not sure why we can't get a plain implementation for most of
the spec and just use atmosphere if present, would help to adopt it no?

> Sergey
>

> Le 11 août 2017 00:02, "Sergey Beryozkin" <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>>
>> We can get it for 3.2.1 for ex, swagger-core + swagger-jaxrs which
>> interacts with the new swagger-core would need to be available, so it is a
>> bit tight...
>>
>> Sergey
>>
>> On 10/08/17 20:37, Dennis Kieselhorst wrote:
>>
>> Good plan. I'd like to see support for Swagger/ OpenAPI Spec 3.0.0 in
>>> CXF 3.2 but we should postpone it if no updated swagger-core library is
>>> available by Sept 1st.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Dennis

Re: CXF 3.2?

Daniel  Kulp
I’ll work on getting the -specs version released.   I don’t think we need a full specs release.  I’ll likely just release the new API jar using the last specs parent/locator jars.     That should be quick and easy.

Dan

> On Aug 10, 2017, at 5:59 PM, Sergey Beryozkin <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Romain
>
> CXF usually depends on the jaxrs one, not sure if it is problematic or not. Right now we have a final 2.1 dep, will only need to get an OSGI spec bundle (for Java 8 service loader mechanism - not sure either at the moment how that can be done given that all the specs bundle use the different technique at the moment)
>
> Cheers, Sergey

>> Hi Daniel,
>> do you want/need a geronimo jaxrs 2.1 release or will you just use the
>> javax one?
>> Romain Manni-Bucau
>> @rmannibucau <https://twitter.com/rmannibucau> |  Blog
>> <https://blog-rmannibucau.rhcloud.com> | Old Blog
>> <http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com> | Github <https://github.com/rmannibucau> |
>> LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/in/rmannibucau> | JavaEE Factory
>> <https://javaeefactory-rmannibucau.rhcloud.com>
>>>
>>> It’s been over two years since 3.1.0 was released which is a long time.
>>> I’d like to get 3.2.0 out shortly.   Looking through things, the major
>>> outstanding things are snapshots of a couple deps (xjc-utils,build-utils,
>>> wss4j) and updates to the JAX-RS stuff to use the released 2.1.   What else
>>> do folks have outstanding that would be “needed” to get into 3.2?    Would
>>> Sept 1st be a good target for getting 3.2 built?   That would give use a
>>> few weeks to finish things up and get the releases out.
>>>
>>> Thoughts?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Daniel Kulp
>>> [hidden email] - http://dankulp.com/blog