CXF 2.2.x OSGi Bundle / import on javax.servlet.*

CXF 2.2.x OSGi Bundle / import on javax.servlet.*

Florent BENOIT-2
    Hi,

I'm facing a problem with the CXF 2.2.9 Bundle and Servlet API in OSGi mode
If javax.servlet package is exported in 3.0.0 version, the CXF bundle
won't start

This is because, in the MANIFEST generated by the following pom.xml
[https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cxf/branches/2.2.x-fixes/distribution/bundle/all/pom.xml
], there is the following code:
/javax.servlet.*;version="[0.0,3)";resolution:=optional,/

Which means that javax.servlet package exported in 3.0 version won't be
accepted
Is there a reason to use 3 ? or maybe you could switch to
/javax.servlet.*;version="[0.0,4)";resolution:=optional,/
in order to accept javax.servlet exported in 3.0 version or remove the
versioning number ?

I may open an issue on the jira tracker about this.

Note that this is the same case for the trunk version :
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cxf/trunk/distribution/bundle/all/pom.xml

Regards,

Florent

Re: CXF 2.2.x OSGi Bundle / import on javax.servlet.*

On Friday 02 July 2010 6:03:41 am Florent BENOIT wrote:

>     Hi,
>
> I'm facing a problem with the CXF 2.2.9 Bundle and Servlet API in OSGi mode
> If javax.servlet package is exported in 3.0.0 version, the CXF bundle
> won't start
>
> This is because, in the MANIFEST generated by the following pom.xml
> [https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cxf/branches/2.2.x-fixes/distribution/bun
> dle/all/pom.xml ], there is the following code:
> /javax.servlet.*;version="[0.0,3)";resolution:=optional,/
>
> Which means that javax.servlet package exported in 3.0 version won't be
> accepted
> Is there a reason to use 3 ? or maybe you could switch to
> /javax.servlet.*;version="[0.0,4)";resolution:=optional,/
> in order to accept javax.servlet exported in 3.0 version or remove the
> versioning number ?
>
> I may open an issue on the jira tracker about this.

Yes.  Please do.  And a patch would be nice.   :-)

Dan

http://dankulp.com/blog