3.2.2 cdi integration and @Context.

Romain Manni-Bucau
Hi guys,

doesn't cdi integration of jaxrs miss a:

bbd.addQualifier(Context.class);

?

Romain Manni-Bucau

Re: 3.2.2 cdi integration and @Context.

John D. Ament-2

What class is that?

Re: 3.2.2 cdi integration and @Context.

Romain Manni-Bucau
@Inject X x; should match not a single CXF injection but
ContextProducerBean matches @Default. Read too fast and though it was
@Context but just looks like @Default shouldnt be in the beans.

Romain Manni-Bucau

> On Tue, Feb 6, 2018 at 1:49 PM Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > doesn't cdi integration of jaxrs miss a:
> >
> > bbd.addQualifier(Context.class);
> >

> What class is that?
>

> > ?
> >

> > Romain Manni-Bucau
> > https://github.com/rmannibucau> |
> > <
> > https://www.packtpub.com/application-development/java-
> ee-8-high-performance

Re: 3.2.2 cdi integration and @Context.

John D. Ament
Sorry don't really understand your response.

On Tue, Feb 6, 2018 at 1:52 PM Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> @Inject X x; should match not a single CXF injection but
> ContextProducerBean matches @Default. Read too fast and though it was
> @Context but just looks like @Default shouldnt be in the beans.
>

> Romain Manni-Bucau
> https://github.com/rmannibucau> |
> <

> > On Tue, Feb 6, 2018 at 1:49 PM Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]
> >
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Hi guys,
> > >
> > > doesn't cdi integration of jaxrs miss a:
> > >
> > > bbd.addQualifier(Context.class);
> > >

> > What class is that?
> >

> > > ?
> > >

> > > Romain Manni-Bucau
> > > @rmannibucau <https://twitter.com/rmannibucau> |  Blog
> > > <https://rmannibucau.metawerx.net/> | Old Blog
> > > https://github.com/rmannibucau> |
> > > LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/in/rmannibucau> | Book
> > > <
> > > https://www.packtpub.com/application-development/java-
> > ee-8-high-performance

Re: 3.2.2 cdi integration and @Context.

Romain Manni-Bucau
Cdi provides a servlet context, request etc... bean. With cxf contextbean
it is now ambiguous and you cant use a cdi container with cxf. The default
qualifier must be dropped from that bean.

Le 6 févr. 2018 19:57, "John D. Ament" <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> Sorry don't really understand your response.
>
> On Tue, Feb 6, 2018 at 1:52 PM Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > @Inject X x; should match not a single CXF injection but
> > ContextProducerBean matches @Default. Read too fast and though it was
> > @Context but just looks like @Default shouldnt be in the beans.
> >

> > Romain Manni-Bucau
> > https://github.com/rmannibucau> |
> > <
> > https://www.packtpub.com/application-development/java-
> ee-8-high-performance

> > > On Tue, Feb 6, 2018 at 1:49 PM Romain Manni-Bucau <
> [hidden email]

> > > What class is that?

> > > ee-8-high-performance

Re: 3.2.2 cdi integration and @Context.

John D. Ament-2
If we remove @Default then it won't be injectable without
@ContextResolved.  Are you seeing an issue though?

Le 6 févr. 2018 20:07, "John D. Ament" <[hidden email]> a écrit :

If we remove @Default then it won't be injectable without
@ContextResolved.  Are you seeing an issue though?

Yes. Owb-web provides all servlet beans so it leads to ambiguous resolution.

Also not being in the spec it must use a custom classifier imo - think of
request issue deltaspike had cause of that.

Min is to toggle them off by default and probably another toggle for other
context types. Typically meecrowave supports context injection without
@Inject (as in the spec) so this just slows down the runtime for no gain.

Side note: vetoing conflicting bean doeznt work since in a container cxf
would be wrong more often than the built in bean. Think to a
jaxrs/jsf/servlet app, the cdi container knows better how to inject the
request for instance - no need of cxf threadlocal which is not set by jsf
;).

wrote:

> Cdi provides a servlet context, request etc... bean. With cxf contextbean
> it is now ambiguous and you cant use a cdi container with cxf. The default
> qualifier must be dropped from that bean.
>
> Le 6 févr. 2018 19:57, "John D. Ament" <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> > Sorry don't really understand your response.
> >
> > On Tue, Feb 6, 2018 at 1:52 PM Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]
> >
> > wrote:
> >
> > > @Inject X x; should match not a single CXF injection but
> > > ContextProducerBean matches @Default. Read too fast and though it was
> > > @Context but just looks like @Default shouldnt be in the beans.
> > >

> > > Romain Manni-Bucau
> > > @rmannibucau <https://twitter.com/rmannibucau> |  Blog
> > > <https://rmannibucau.metawerx.net/> | Old Blog
> > > https://github.com/rmannibucau> |
> > > LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/in/rmannibucau> | Book
> > > <
> > > https://www.packtpub.com/application-development/java-
> > ee-8-high-performance

> > [hidden email]

Re: 3.2.2 cdi integration and @Context.

John D. Ament-2
So then your issue is simply the javax.servlet ones, right?

On Tue, Feb 6, 2018 at 2:14 PM Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Le 6 févr. 2018 20:07, "John D. Ament" <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> If we remove @Default then it won't be injectable without
> @ContextResolved.  Are you seeing an issue though?
>

> Yes. Owb-web provides all servlet beans so it leads to ambiguous
> resolution.
>
> Also not being in the spec it must use a custom classifier imo - think of
> request issue deltaspike had cause of that.
>
> Min is to toggle them off by default and probably another toggle for other
> context types. Typically meecrowave supports context injection without
> @Inject (as in the spec) so this just slows down the runtime for no gain.
>
> Side note: vetoing conflicting bean doeznt work since in a container cxf
> would be wrong more often than the built in bean. Think to a
> jaxrs/jsf/servlet app, the cdi container knows better how to inject the
> request for instance - no need of cxf threadlocal which is not set by jsf
> ;).
>

> On Tue, Feb 6, 2018 at 1:59 PM Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Cdi provides a servlet context, request etc... bean. With cxf contextbean
> > it is now ambiguous and you cant use a cdi container with cxf. The
> default
> > qualifier must be dropped from that bean.
> >
> > Le 6 févr. 2018 19:57, "John D. Ament" <[hidden email]> a écrit
> :
> >
> > > Sorry don't really understand your response.
> > >
> > > On Tue, Feb 6, 2018 at 1:52 PM Romain Manni-Bucau <
> [hidden email]

> > > ee-8-high-performance

> > > [hidden email]

Re: 3.2.2 cdi integration and @Context.

Romain Manni-Bucau
Mainly but I strongly think cxf shouldnt assume it can own default. At
least we should observe beans to skip the add if already here and have a
bus property to fully skip it - or extension event to configure jaxrs
extension.

Le 6 févr. 2018 20:53, "John D. Ament" <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> So then your issue is simply the javax.servlet ones, right?
>
> On Tue, Feb 6, 2018 at 2:14 PM Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Le 6 févr. 2018 20:07, "John D. Ament" <[hidden email]> a écrit :
> >
> > If we remove @Default then it won't be injectable without
> > @ContextResolved.  Are you seeing an issue though?
> >

> > Yes. Owb-web provides all servlet beans so it leads to ambiguous
> > resolution.
> >
> > Also not being in the spec it must use a custom classifier imo - think of
> > request issue deltaspike had cause of that.
> >
> > Min is to toggle them off by default and probably another toggle for
> other
> > context types. Typically meecrowave supports context injection without
> > @Inject (as in the spec) so this just slows down the runtime for no gain.
> >
> > Side note: vetoing conflicting bean doeznt work since in a container cxf
> > would be wrong more often than the built in bean. Think to a
> > jaxrs/jsf/servlet app, the cdi container knows better how to inject the
> > request for instance - no need of cxf threadlocal which is not set by jsf
> > ;).
> >

> > On Tue, Feb 6, 2018 at 1:59 PM Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]
> >
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Cdi provides a servlet context, request etc... bean. With cxf
> contextbean
> > > it is now ambiguous and you cant use a cdi container with cxf. The
> > default
> > > qualifier must be dropped from that bean.
> > >
> > > Le 6 févr. 2018 19:57, "John D. Ament" <[hidden email]> a
> écrit
> > :

> > [hidden email]

> was

Re: 3.2.2 cdi integration and @Context.

Romain Manni-Bucau
side note: temporary work around which makes 3.2.2 usable directly:

InjectionUtils.STANDARD_CONTEXT_CLASSES.removeIf(s ->
s.startsWith("javax.servlet."));

Romain Manni-Bucau

> Mainly but I strongly think cxf shouldnt assume it can own default. At
> least we should observe beans to skip the add if already here and have a
> bus property to fully skip it - or extension event to configure jaxrs
> extension.
>
> Le 6 févr. 2018 20:53, "John D. Ament" <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
>> So then your issue is simply the javax.servlet ones, right?
>>
>> On Tue, Feb 6, 2018 at 2:14 PM Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > Le 6 févr. 2018 20:07, "John D. Ament" <[hidden email]> a écrit
>> :
>> >
>> > If we remove @Default then it won't be injectable without
>> > @ContextResolved.  Are you seeing an issue though?
>> >

>> > Yes. Owb-web provides all servlet beans so it leads to ambiguous
>> > resolution.
>> >
>> > Also not being in the spec it must use a custom classifier imo - think
>> of
>> > request issue deltaspike had cause of that.
>> >
>> > Min is to toggle them off by default and probably another toggle for
>> other
>> > context types. Typically meecrowave supports context injection without
>> > @Inject (as in the spec) so this just slows down the runtime for no
>> gain.
>> >
>> > Side note: vetoing conflicting bean doeznt work since in a container cxf
>> > would be wrong more often than the built in bean. Think to a
>> > jaxrs/jsf/servlet app, the cdi container knows better how to inject the
>> > request for instance - no need of cxf threadlocal which is not set by
>> jsf
>> > ;).
>> >

>> > On Tue, Feb 6, 2018 at 1:59 PM Romain Manni-Bucau <
>> [hidden email]>

>> contextbean
>> > default

>> écrit
>> > :

>> > [hidden email]

>> was

Re: 3.2.2 cdi integration and @Context.

John D. Ament-2
Feel free to raise an issue on JIRA and a PR.

Personally, I'd like for the javax.servlet stuff to remain, so maybe we
make this configuration driven instead.

On Mon, Feb 12, 2018 at 9:42 AM Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> side note: temporary work around which makes 3.2.2 usable directly:
>
> InjectionUtils.STANDARD_CONTEXT_CLASSES.removeIf(s ->
> s.startsWith("javax.servlet."));
>

> Romain Manni-Bucau
> https://github.com/rmannibucau> |
> <

> > Mainly but I strongly think cxf shouldnt assume it can own default. At
> > least we should observe beans to skip the add if already here and have a
> > bus property to fully skip it - or extension event to configure jaxrs
> > extension.
> >
> > Le 6 févr. 2018 20:53, "John D. Ament" <[hidden email]> a écrit :
> >
> >> So then your issue is simply the javax.servlet ones, right?
> >>
> >> On Tue, Feb 6, 2018 at 2:14 PM Romain Manni-Bucau <
> [hidden email]>

> écrit
> >> :

> >> of

> >> other
> >> gain.

> cxf
> the
> >> jsf

> >> [hidden email]>

> >> contextbean

> >> écrit

> it
> >> was

> >:

Re: 3.2.2 cdi integration and @Context.

Romain Manni-Bucau
created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-7643

@John: not sure how it can work in any container integrated with a servlet
container since you would not have the instance in a lot of cases so it can
only work when the servlet layer is not usable in your environment and
therefore the beans don't make sense. What do I miss?

Romain Manni-Bucau